Assess corporate strategy, organizational goals, and existing (“as is”) business processes using a variety of diagnostic tools to identify structural, contextual, and cultural gaps along with guidance and criteria for the new (“to be”) processes. Benchmark diagnostic findings internally and externally to define optimal organization structure, location of expertise (e.g., central shared services or business units), and talent management. Design new (“to be”) processes that fill gaps by integrating best practices, decision rights, organizational linkages, and governance policies to reduce costs, grow businesses, eliminate complexity, improve collaboration, and strengthen capabilities.
Relevant projects include the following:
- Formulated IT and PMO strategy for an E&P independent
- Diagnosed gaps in capital projects org at E&P independent
- Surveyed best practices to manage JVs in for oil/gas major
- Benchmarked peers on CSR / sustainability for oil/gas major
- Developed knowledge management strategy for R&D at an NOC
- Designed new technical services organization for E&P independent