The North American shale boom and the proliferation of cleantech start-up companies in fields as diverse as biofuels to batteries, coal to composites, and water to waste-to-energy — all within a mere 10 years — reinforce the critical role of technology, innovation, and R&D in oil and gas, energy, and chemical industries. Notwithstanding the widespread acceptance of its importance and disruptive nature, executing innovation continues to be a challenge for all companies.
ADI Analytics helps its clients design, implement, benchmark, and improve innovation and R&D programs for ideation, stage-gate maturation, R&D project portfolio assessment and management, technology scale-up and commercialization, IP assessment and management, open innovation, and technology licensing.
Relevant projects include the following:
- Formulated open innovation strategy for chemical major
- Developed operating model for offshored R&D for oil major
- Screened IP deals from emerging economies for materials firm
- Surveyed innovation needs in Marcellus shale for state incubator
- Recommended technology licensing strategy for national oil major